Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome!

Hello all, and welcome the first of what I hope will be many informative posts about what is going on in the world of sports as it pertains to technology. For clarity's sake, let me explain what I am on about. This blog is not going to dive into new sports medicine tech or new safety equipment. This blog is planted firmly in the realm of information technology. I will be focusing on how players, teams, and organizations are using information technology such as social media to improve the product that you, the fan, enjoy.

But first:
What qualifies me to speak about such things? I have been in the IT industry since 1996, and have worked in many disciplines within the field. I am a complete and utter tech head, and love finding out what is next on the horizon, always searching for the next big thing.

I am also an avid sports fan. I am a Denver homer, pledging allegiance to my beloved Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, Nuggets, Rapids, Buffs, Rams, and Bears. Aside from these, I enjoy all types of sports. I played football, basketball, and volleyball when I was younger. Now, I play the occasional pick-up football and basketball games, and partake in something that resembles golf. I follow as many sporting events as I can fit in my schedule. And I mean all of them. In fact, thanks to some very rabid fans in my graduate program, I have begun to take a more than healthy interest in cricket.


So, let's kick this thing off. I hope to have fun with it, so please come along.

Perkzilla

World Famous Bronco Barrel Man - Tim McKernan. RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment